TAGGED UNDER: AI - Emerging Tech, Technology & Science
Will Artificial Intelligence Shape Our Future?
|We live in a world of constant technological development and advancement, where innovation and new technologies will change our lifestyles, our working practices and our future. The development of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in particular, is set to re-shape the global economic and social landscape.|
Exponential growth in the power of technology means that the machines we will have in ten years time, will be well over 100 times more powerful than the ones we have today. In thirty years time, those machines will be over 1 million times more powerful than today. That growth will continue and with it, will come amazing new capabilities and developments.
Exactly what consequences this will have for humanity, are hard to say. Clearly there will be hugely positive developments, but questions exist around ethics and where it will leave us as humans.
Chartwell Speakers works with some of the world’s leading authorities on AI and Future Technology:
- David Rowan – Founding Editor-in-Chief of WIRED Magazine, UK and author of “Non-Bullsh*t Innovation – Radical ideas from the world’s smartest minds”
- Karina Vold – Assistant Professor at the University of Toronto’s Institute for the History and Philosophy of Science and Technology. Expert on the ethics of Artificial Intelligence
- Calum Chace – Author of “Surviving AI” and expert on the Economic and Social Impacts of Artificial Intelligence
- Jonnie Penn – Author of “What do you want to do before you die?”, Harvard and Cambridge Professor and Google Fellow
- Nick Bostrom – Director of the Future of Humanity Institute and Programme on the Impacts of Future Technology, at Oxford University
- Terence Mauri – Best-selling author of “The Leaders Mindset – How to Win in the Age of Disruption”, Futurist and Technology expert
- Suki Fuller – Expert on intelligence, tech trends, social networks, surveillance, security and tech ethics
- Carl Benedikt Frey – Author of “The Technology Trap,
- Capital, Labor and Power in the Age of Automation” and Founding Director, Future of Work Programme at Oxford
- Daniela Rus – Director of MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory and global expert on AI, Robotics and Machine Learning
View our related Speakers
Founding Editor-in-chief, WIRED magazine UK
Philosopher of Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science, Technologist
Expert speaker on the impact of artificial intelligence
Technologist, Best Selling Author, Historian
Director, Future of Humanity Institute, Oxford
Inspiring leaders to thrive in the age of disruption
Expert on intelligence, tech trends, connected data, social networks, surveillance, security, privacy, and tech ethics
Carl Benedikt Frey
Expert on The Future of Work and the Economics of Artificial Intelligence.
Director of the MIT's Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL)