Swati Thiyagarajan Keynote Speaker
- One of India’s best known environment journalists with the Sea Change Project , who brought you My Octopus Teacher
- Environment editor at NDTV & associate producer of academy award winning Documentary, My Octopus Teacher
- Filmmaker, The Animal Communicator (Amazon Prime)
Swati Thiyagarajan's Biography
Swati is one of India’s best known environment journalists. She was the environment editor at NDTV for a decade and her show Born Wild is the longest running wildlife and conservation show on a news channel of which she is presenter, researcher and script writer. She has been awarded the Ramnath Goenka Award, for best environment reporter, twice and the Sanctuary Asia Wind Under the Wings Award. She is also a Carl Zeiss awardee for her reporting on tiger conservation, and a content editor of award winning environmental campaigns at NDTV, which have raised millions of dollars for various environment and health causes.
Her solo outing as a filmmaker led to her making The Animal Communicator, which is available on Amazon Prime in the US. Swati spends her time between India and South Africa and authored a book, Born Wild: Journeys into the heart of India and Africa. Her main interest is in exploring shared spaces between humans and animals, and believes that greater co-existence in the coming years will be the only way to save the wild.
Speaking Topics Include:
- Biodiversity and habitat regeneration
- Documentary filmmaking and reporting
- Wildlife and conservation
- Rediscovering the human connection with nature