Robyn Kanner Keynote Speaker
- Senior Creative Director, Biden/Harris Presidential Campaign & Creative Director, 59th Presidential Inaugural Committee
- Founder, Studio Gradients design agency
- Written for The New York Times, Wired, The Atlantic, Vice and The Cut, amongst others
Robyn Kanner's Biography
Robyn Kanner is a digital design expert, Founder of the creative agency Studio Gradients, and was the Senior Creative Director of the Biden-Harris Presidential Campaign. Robyn is an exciting and inspirational speaker and shares her story of an unconventional route to professional success and personal triumph.
Robyn was the Senior Creative Director of the Biden/Harris Presidential Campaign and Creative Director of the 59th Presidential Inaugural Committee, for the 2020 US Election. In line with the campaign’s focus on inclusion and reliability, Robyn used wild colours and luscious gradients to represent unity across America, a design feat which has received widespread attention and praise.
Other highlights from the campaign included the eye-catching hot pink Biden & Lady Gaga stage design and promos, hand sanitizer bottles printed with Biden’s Covid-19 plan, and the “truth over flies” fly swatter, a follow-up of the ‘truth over lies’ campaign after a fly landed on Mike Pence.
Robyn has worked in creative design for over a decade, and is Founder of Studio Gradients, a design agency based in New York. She is also Vice President of Digital at STG, a political and public affairs advocacy firm that aims to influence state and federal policy. Prior to this, she was Director of Creative and Product on Beto O’Rourke’s Presidential campaign 2020, and has led design teams at Google, Amazon and New Balance. She is also a visiting professor at Cooper Union.
As a writer, Robyn has contributed to several publications including The New York Times, Wired, The Atlantic, Vice and The Cut, amongst others.
Robyn’s personal story is one of hard work and healing. She has overcome many hurdles in life, from losing her father at a young age to her battles with bullies, alcoholism, and her identity as a queer trans woman. Design has been a constant in her life, and a creative outlet which became her ‘ticket’ out of rural Maine, where she grew up.
- The Creative Design Behind the Biden-Harris Campaign: Robyn shares her experiences of working as Senior Creative Director of the Biden/Harris Presidential Campaign, including developing gradients inspired by her sobriety and El Paso sunsets, and developing a design that not only reflected but amplified the campaign’s message and energy.
- Robyn Kanner’s Personal Story of Overcoming and Healing: Robyn shares her inspirational personal story and the difficulties she has overcome. She talks about how she coped with setbacks, including losing her father at a young age, her battles with bullies, alcoholism, and her identity as a queer trans woman.