Sir Robin Niblett Keynote Speaker
- Director of Chatham House (2007-2022), one of the world’s leading foreign affairs think tanks.
- Awarded a knighthood in HM The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Birthday Honours.
- Specialist on transatlantic relations and foreign policy.
Sir Robin Niblett's Biography
Sir Robin Niblett was the Director and Chief Executive of Chatham House (the Royal Institute of International Affairs) between January 2007 and July 2022. Today, he is a Distinguished Fellow at Chatham House.
Previously, Robin was the Executive Vice-President and Chief Operating Officer of the Washington-based Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS). During his final two years at CSIS, he also served as Director of the CSIS Europe Programme and its Initiative for a Renewed Transatlantic Partnership.
Robin is currently Co-Chair of the World Economic Forum’s Global Futures Council on Geopolitics. He served as Chair of the Experts Group for the 2014 NATO Summit and Chair of the British Academy’s Steering Committee of Languages for Security Project (2013).
Robin is a frequent panellist at conferences on geopolitics, Europe and transatlantic relations and has testified to British parliamentary Committees and US Congressional Committees. His commentary and analysis have appeared in Foreign Affairs, the Financial Times, the Washington Post, the Daily Telegraph and the Guardian, among others. He is a regular commentator on Bloomberg ‘Surveillance’, BBC News, and CNN International.
Robin was appointed Companion of St Michael and St George (CMG) in the 2015 New Year’s Honours and Knight Commander of the Order of St Michael and St George (KCMG) in 2022 – awarded for services promoting the UK as a global centre for foreign policy.
He received his BA in modern languages and MPhil and DPhil in international relations from New College, Oxford. His doctoral thesis was entitled ‘The European Community and the Central European Three, 1989–92 : a study of the Community as an international actor’.
Sir Robin Niblett's Speaking Topics
• The Geopolitical and Geo-Economic Consequences of the War in Ukraine
• Understanding and Navigating Today's Divided World: New Approaches to Globalisation and ESG
• Managing the US - Europe - China Strategic Triangle
• What Next for 'Global Britain'?
• The Future of European Security