Rich Diviney Keynote Speaker
- Start With Why, Optimist, Speaker & Facilitator
- Director of Outreach, Barry-Wehmiller Leadership Institute
- Former Navy SEAL Commanding Officer
Rich Diviney's Biography
Rich Diviney wakes up every day to discover, inspire, and accelerate the potential of human beings. His deeply held belief is that each individual has unlimited potential that, once unlocked, can lead to not only living the life of one’s purpose and dreams – but also allow for inspirational contribution to others. This potential often goes untapped due to a lack of understanding and resources from which to draw upon.
It was these beliefs that lead Rich to read Simon Sinek’s “Start With Why” and subsequently develop a friendship with him. Through that friendship he was introduced to Bob Chapman and Barry-Wehmiller’s philosophy on human centered leadership. After meeting Bob and his team, he knew that this was a family and mission that he was meant to be a part of.
As a Director of Outreach for the Barry-Wehmiller Leadership Institute, Rich draws upon 20+ years of experience as a Navy SEAL Officer where he completed more than 13 overseas deployments – 11 of which were to Iraq and Afghanistan. Through his career, he has achieved multiple leadership positions – to include the Commanding Officer of a Navy SEAL Command. It has been this experience that has forged in his belief system that every human being has a purpose – and why Bob Chapman’s “Everybody Matters” philosophy resonates so deeply. The Barry-Wehmiller Leadership Institute serves this principle.
Rich Diviney draws upon 20+ years of experience as a Navy SEAL Officer and Commander, during which he completed more than 13 overseas deployments. As a speaker, consultant, and author of “The Attributes,” Rich teaches corporate teams how to become high-performing and developed “The Attributes Discovery” selection technique to help organizations form the best teams.
The keynote “Leading Superheroes: The 5 Secrets to High-Performing Teams” challenges participants to go beyond talent and competence and explore the real attributes that distinguish the truly remarkable teams (and human beings) from everyone else. These attributes explain how we perform as individuals and as part of a team. Participants will explore why some teams stacked with talent don’t excel – and how other teams with fewer credentials succeed when the odds are stacked against them. The keynote draws upon examples and methodologies from the military that can be applied by anyone personally and professionally.
● Learn the difference between “peak” and “optimal” performance and why it matters.
● Unpack trust as the vital factor in maintaining optimal performance and how to build it.
● Unlock a critical key to enabling better performance by throwing out the age-old “task organization chart.”
● Recognize that “resilience” is only one side of the equation and why simply being able to “bounce back” is insufficient.
● Discover the critical mistake of hiring for “top talent” and, instead, focus on hiring and cultivating the right talent.
● Explore the concept of becoming “Masters of Uncertainty” and why it is critical to train for certainty and educate for uncertainty these days.