Olaf Groth Keynote Speaker
- Expert on disruptive technology trends & futures
- Founder and CEO, Cambrian & Global Expert on 4th Industrial Revolution, World Economic Forum
- Professor of Global Strategy, Innovation, Economics & Disruption Futures at Hult International Business School
Olaf Groth's Biography
Olaf Groth Speaker Profile:
Dr. Olaf Groth is a futures & strategy adviser, capacity builder and new ventures executive for disruption through DeepTech and the 4th Industrial Revolution toward a Society 5.0.
From a home base of San Francisco and Silicon Valley Dr. Groth serves as a Professor of Global Strategic Management, Innovation & Economics and Program Director for Disruption Futures at Hult International Business School, teaching across a global campus network in San Francisco, Boston, New York, London, Dubai and Shanghai.
As CEO of thinktank network Cambrian.ai Dr. Groth advises on reconceiving futures, strategies, networks and organizations for clients seeking to initiate or adjust to disruption globally. He has served on advisory boards of Fortune 100 companies as well as startups, having held managerial roles at or consulted with the likes of Bechtel, Boeing, Caruma Technologies, Chevron, Ferrari, GE ecomagination, GKN, Monitor, NASA, Phillips 66, Qualcomm, Q-Cells, Siemens, VCs, Vodafone, VW and YIT.
Dr. Groth is a member of the Global Expert Network for the 4th Industrial Revolution at the World Economic Forum, a Visiting Scholar at UC Berkeley’s Roundtable on the International Economy (BRIE) and its program Working in the Era of Intelligent Tools & Systems (WITS). He has served as a Sr. Fellow at the Center for Competitiveness at Grenoble École de Management and the Institute for Business in the Global Context at Tufts University’s Fletcher School.
Dr. Groth speaks and testifies frequently on disruptive technology trends in the global economy, such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Fully Autonomous Vehicles, the Internet of Things and the 4th Industrial Revolution. He has published in Financial Times, HBR, Harvard Business Manager Deutschland, HBR France, HBR Italia, WIRED, Quartz (The Atlantic), World Economic Forum, Huffington Post, Peter Drucker Forum, LSE, Decision Lab, Today’s CFO, Thunderbird International Business Review, World Financial Review, European Business Review, Roubini EconoMonitor, Hult Publishing and The Case Center. He is co-author of the book “Solomon’s Code: Humanity in a World of Thinking Machines” (2018) , which has received media attention on Deutsche Welle’s global DW News and elsewhere.
Dr. Groth holds PhD and MALD degrees in international affairs with business, economics and technology focus from the Fletcher School at Tufts University, MAIPS and BA degrees with economics focus from Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey, in addition to studies at Harvard, Georgetown and Berkeley.
Listen to Olaf discuss artificial intelligence and human-centered design on the WorldAffairs Podcast.
Watch Olaf’s recent discussions regarding the impact of COVID-19.
Implications of the pandemic for US and global economies
https://www.dw.com/de/der-tag-vom-01042020/av-52986611 (min 15:17)
Europe’s readiness to combat COVID-19 with digital health, data and work
- DeepTech disruption: AI, quantum computing, brain-computer interfaces, etc.
- Disruption / digital futures
- The cognitive / autonomy economy
- Global platform economy and strategy
- AI and big data policy, strategy and governance
- The emerging trillion dollar asset class: Economics of data and data trading
- The new cybersecurity: Triangulation and Omni-Fingerprinting and what to do about it
- Future of Work and Symbio-Intelligence between humans and machines
- Global geopolitics of tech, Tech in Cold War 2.0, and global supply chains
- China’s role in the global digital / innovation economy, Belt & Road Initiative, etc
- Innovation ecosystems, organizations and cultures
For availability and speaker fees, please contact Olaf Groth’s speaking agent at Chartwell here, or call +1 972 385 1021 for U.S. inquiries or +44 207 293 0864 for international inquiries.