Mo Gawdat New York City, USA
- Former Chief Business Officer, Google X (2015-2018)
- Founder - One Billion Happy
- Author, "Solve for Happy"
Mo Gawdat is the former Chief Business Officer for X, previously Google X, and is a leading global expert in technology and innovation with the world’s most advanced organization for breakthrough technology.
Mo joined Google in 2007, after many successful years at Microsoft, and managed Google’s business in over 50 countries, focusing on his biggest passion; Emerging Markets and the considerable challenges they face with embracing innovation.
Prior to becoming Chief Business Officer at Google X, Mo served as the Vice President of Business Innovation. Remarkably, Mo started close to half of Google’s operations worldwide. The latest being his role on Project Loon; an ambitious attempt to use high altitude balloons to provide affordable internet access to the remaining 5 billion people for whom today’s existing technology has proven too expensive or too complex to reach.
Mo is also a serial entrepreneur who has cofounded more than 15 businesses in his career. He actively serves as a Board Member in several technology, health and fitness and consumer goods start-ups as well as several government technology and innovation boards in the Middle East and Eastern Europe. Considering his vast background, Mohammad speaks Arabic, English, German as well as some Turkish and Russian.
Mo Gawdat is the author of the book “Solve for Happy: Engineering Your Path to Uncovering the Joy Inside You” (2017). He created an algorithm for happiness, which proved highly effective. He and his family lived by it for a decade. In 2013, it was put to the ultimate test when Mo lost his son Ali. Mo’s mission now is to share these principles more widely and further the cause of happiness wherever he can. He is also the founder of One Billion Happy.
Outside of work, when he’s not reading up on business and the latest technology innovations and trends, Mo spends his time drawing charcoal portraits, doing mosaics, carpentry and indulging in his passion for restoration of classic cars.
- The End of Sci-Fi – The correct approach to innovation in the 21st century when technology has made everything possible. What are the tech trends, and how can you capture the opportunity this provides
- The latest innovations driving technological advances
- Applying engineering techniques to create happiness
- How innovation can solve the world’s biggest challenges
- Technology trends in emerging markets and beyond
- Solve for Happy: The truth about happiness
If you are interested in bringing Mo Gawdat to your next event, please contact us today!