Mark Agnew Keynote Speaker
- Sports & Adventure Editor at the South China Morning Post
- Inspirational speaker on bouncing back from failure
- Part of the team seeking to become the first to row the Northwest Passage
Mark Agnew's Biography
Mark Agnew is the Outdoor & Extreme sports editor for the South China Morning Post. Mark is an experienced adventurer whose expeditions include London to Mongolia, rowing through the Indonesian archipelago, and running ultra-marathons in uninhabited corners of Asia. In July 2023, Mark will be part of a team attempting to become the first people to kayak the Northwest Passage; the Arctic route that links the Atlantic and the Pacific.
Ocean rowing has defined Mark’s life. Two attempts to row across the Atlantic have come up short as technical issues have forced him to abandon ship. When Mark first failed to row across the Atlantic, he thought his dream had come to an end. The story was splashed across the British tabloids and his bank account was empty. But the saga opened up further opportunities in adventure sports and landed him his dream job at the South China Morning Post.
Mark Agnew's Speaking Topics
• Building resilience
• Bouncing back from failure
• Team cohesion
• The power of intrinsic values of extrinsic forces
• Achieving your goals with multidimensional motivations