Kristin Smith Keynote Speaker
- Executive Director of the Blockchain Association
- Leading public voice advocating for the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry
- Featured on Fortune’s 2020 40 under 40 list
Kristin Smith's Biography
Kristin Smith is the Executive Director of the Blockchain Association, the Washington DC-based trade association representing more than 80 of the industry’s leading companies. Kristin serves as a liaison between policymakers and the cryptocurrency industry to assist in the creation of legislation and regulation that promotes the growth of the cryptocurrency ecosystem in the U.S.
She is also a leading, public voice advocating for the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry through top-tier media interviews, op-eds and letters to the editor, and global speaking engagements. Kristin is a renowned voice for the industry, having been featured on Fortune’s 2020 40 under 40 list, CoinDesk’s 2021 50 people who defined the year in crypto, and CoinTelegraph’s 2022 top 100 Influencers in Crypto and Blockchain.
Prior to leading the Blockchain Association, Kristin helped blockchain and technology companies achieve their public policy objectives in Washington. She served as a Senate and congressional aide on Capitol Hill for nearly ten years, much of which was spent focusing on technology policy. She co-founded HODLpac and currently serves on the organization’s board of directors. Kristin is a Filecoin Foundation for the Decentralized Web board member and an independent director for Skybridge Capital’s G and GII Funds.
You can watch a few of Kristin’s media interviews below:
- CNBC – Kristin joins Squawk Box to break down what’s causing a divergence between cryptocurrencies and crypto-related stocks – 4/20/22
- Yahoo Finance – Kristin Smith joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss crypto regulatory issues, bitcoin mining, investments, and looking to states to legislate around the blockchain – 4/12/22
- Bloomberg – Kristin joins Emily Chang on Bloomberg Technology’s Crypto Report for a deep dive on what influence Elon Musk can have on Twitter’s crypto aspirations – 4/5/22
- CoinDesk – Kristin joins “First Mover” to weigh in on the impact of President Biden’s executive order on digital assets – 3/9/22