Ken Schmidt Keynote Speaker
- Ex Director Of Communications of Harley-Davidson
- Creator of the podcast, “Tailgating With Geniuses”
- Bestselling author of 'Make Some Noise: The Unconventional Road To Dominance'
Ken Schmidt's Biography
Ken Schmidt was the Director Of Communications for Harley-Davidson Motor Company from 1990-1997. He played an active role in one of the most celebrated turnarounds in corporate history and has since advised executive leaders of many of the world’s best-known brands, delivered multiple keynote presentations, written two best-selling books and started a popular business podcast.
Ken is widely regarded as one of the business community’s most outspoken, provocative, and entertaining thought leaders on competition, loyalty, human behaviour, workplace culture, brand management, reputation management and positioning – and how each of those topics interact.
As a specialist in corporate positioning and financial relations, Ken’s formal association with Harley-Davidson began in 1985 when he was asked to work with the struggling company to help restore its image, improve its competitiveness, create demand for its motorcycles and attract investors. After a few years with Ken at the helm, motorcycle sales rocketed and Harley-Davidson became one of the most respected, competitively dominant, profitable and frequently reported-on businesses in the world.
Ken focuses on his greatest passions including motorcycling, speaking and helping business leaders to improve their competitiveness. His book ‘Make Some Noise: The Unconventional Road To Dominance” was a bestseller. In 2021, he launched “Tailgating With Geniuses,” a highly successful business and entertainment podcast.
Ken Schmidt's Speaking Topics
• Make Some Noise: Open the Throttle and Dominate Your Marketplace
• Building Tattoo-Worthy Customer Relationships
• Thrive Among Thorns: Untapped Growth Opportunities for Financial Services
• Positioning Your Business to Dominate in a Commoditized Market