Jimmy Chamberlin Chicago, US
- Grammy Award winning musician with the Smashing Pumpkins
- Tech-focused investor, mentor and entrepreneur
- Thought leader in the monetisation of cultural movements through digital
Jimmy Chamberlin is a Grammy Award winning musician, writer, producer, and educator. A founding member of the Smashing Pumpkins and the band’s highly acclaimed drummer for over 20 years, Jimmy also helped develop the band’s long term strategy and ran the band’s global touring business. He left the organisation in 2010 and brought his skills and observations related to culture, entertainment and business to the tech community in Chicago as an investor, mentor and entrepreneur.
From 2011 to 2015, Jimmy served as the CEO/Co-Founder of LiveOne Inc. – an audience engagement and data analytics company focused exclusively on transforming the way live online video content is consumed and monetised around the world. Under Jimmy’s leadership, the company experienced 300% Y/Y growth and grew to be recognised as the final word on engagement around digital content. Key to Live One’s success was Jimmy’s experience as both a content creator and a consumer, as well as his knowledge relating to the monetisation of cultural movements.
In August of 2015, Jimmy left to co-found Blue J Strategies, a consultancy providing access, connectivity and strategic direction to companies across media, entertainment and technology sectors.
Jimmy’s speaking topics include:
- His journey in music/life and how that interfaces with his business.
- Identity and how one can harness it as a “force multiplier” for creativity and success.
- Creating parameters for success and how that relates to goal setting, crystallising a vision, and follow through.
- The migration of culture into digital.
- Identifying and monetising cultural movements.
- The parallels between the music scene in the ’90s and the current tech scene.