Jan Eeckhout Keynote Speaker
- ICREA Research Professor of Economics at UPF Barcelona
- Author of 'The Profit Paradox: How Thriving Firms Threaten the Future of Work'
- Work featured in New York Times, Wall Street Journal, The Economist and Financial Times
Jan Eeckhout's Biography
Jan Eeckhout is the ICREA Research Professor of Economics at UPF University in Barcelona. He has taught internationally at University College London, New York University, Princeton and the University of Pennsylvania. Alongside his teaching, Eeckhout writes extensively on the macroeconomy, with particular focus on the labour market. His work has been widely published including in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, American Economic Review and the Financial Times.
He has written a book entitled The Profit Paradox: How Thriving Firms Threaten the Future of Work outlining how the companies that have reaped most of the rewards of technological advancements are exploiting an unbridled rise in market power and driving up the costs of everyday products.
Jan is a fellow of the European Economic Association and Econometric Society. He is also a member of the Academia Europaea.
Jan Eeckhout's Speaking Topics
• The macroeconomy, with a special emphasis on the labor market
• Big tech and dominant firms
• Urban economics