James Clark Keynote Speaker
- Former Head of Tech & Lifesciences at London Stock Exchange
- Member of the Tech Nation Future 50 Advisory Board
- Founder of TLA Triage, a free advice service for startups
James Clark's Biography
James Clark is Marketing Director FTSE250-listed VC firm, Molten Ventures. Molten is one of Europe’s leading venture capital investors with a portfolio including household names like Wise, Trustpilot, Revolut and Graphcore. James leads marketing activities for Molten while supporting Molten’s portfolio companies. Previously James was Head of Tech and Lifesciences at London Stock Exchange and was crucial in bringing companies like Wise and Darktrace to IPO in London.
Over more than 20 years, James has developed abroad range of experience in marketing, policy and deep industry knowledge around venture funding and tech startups.
While working at the British Venture Capital Association, James published policy research into the role of technology and innovation. His three ground-breaking policy research papers Tech Country, The Missing Piece, and VC Evolved, looked at how early stage entrepreneurship interacts with sources of growth funding.
Alongside this work, James is a mentor at the InnovX BCR Global Business Accelerator in Bucharest, was a member of the Tech Nation Future 50 Advisory Board, has been a judge for Diversity UK’s100 AsianTech Stars, and was the founder of TLA Triage, a free advice service for startups under the auspices of Tech London Advocates.
James has an MBA from Bayes Business School in London and a BA in Political Science from Macquarie University in Sydney.
James Clark's Speaking Topics
• Marketing, specifically for tech and venture capital companies
• The power of strong brands
• Startup fundraising from the very first investment through to IPO
• Life as a publicly listed company
• Technology and Innovation policy, especially in the UK