Jack Perkowski Keynote Speaker
- Founder and Managing Partner of JFP Holdings
- Founder, Chairman and CEO of ASIMCO Technologies (1994-2009)
- Author, "Managing the Dragon: How I’m Building a Billion Dollar Business in China"
Jack Perkowski's Biography
Jack Perkowski graduated Cum Laude from Yale and with High Distinction from the Harvard Business School where he was named a Baker Scholar. After graduation, Jack spent twenty years on Wall Street, rising to head of investment banking at PaineWebber. Well before others recognized the significant role that China would play in the global economy, Jack spent three years investigating opportunities in Asia and China, leading to the founding in 1994 of ASIMCO Technologies, a major industrial enterprise which he built and ran for fifteen years.
Under Jack’s leadership, ASIMCO gained a reputation for developing local management and integrating a broad based China operation into the global economy. ASIMCO was three times named one of the “Ten Best Employers in China” in surveys conducted by Hewitt Associates and leading news organizations in Asia. In 2008, Jack was designated by China Auto News one of “30 Outstanding Entrepreneurs in China’s Auto Components Industry over the 30 Years of Economic Reform,” the only foreigner to receive this distinction.
Often referred to as “Mr. China,” Jack is widely recognized as an expert on doing business in China. He authored Managing the Dragon: How I’m Building a Billion Dollar Business in China, and provides timely insights into ongoing developments in the country on www.managingthedragon.com. His articles on China, its economy and developing a business in the country have been published in the Wall Street Journal and Forbes, among other publications. Jack is a frequent speaker to university and business school groups, corporate and industry conferences and leading professional organizations such as the Council on Foreign Relations, the Asia Society and the YPO, and has been interviewed on CNN, CNBC, Fox, BBC, NPR, CCTV and CGTN. Jack’s unique journey to China has been featured in many articles on the subject.
In April 2009, Jack founded JFP Holdings, a merchant banking firm focused on China, where he now serves as Managing Partner. Jack and his wife, Carleen, have lived in Beijing since 1994. Jack was a starting guard on one of the best football teams in Yale’s history and played in the famous 29-29 tie against Harvard, which Sports Illustrated called one of the most exciting college football games of all time. Jack appeared in the movie, Harvard Beats Yale 29-29, which was produced in 2008 to commemorate the 40th anniversary of The Game.
- Establishing and Building A Business In China
- From Wall Street to the Great Wall: An American Capitalist in China
- Building A Business In China: Lessons Learned
- Creating Globally Competitive Companies in China
- Investment Opportunities in China
- Investment Opportunities In China: A Personal Journey
- Doing Business And Operating In China
- Challenges of Doing Business in China
- Leadership and Management in China
- Building A Local Management Team In China
- Dealing With China’s Lower Cost Perspective
- China’s Market And Global Impact
- China: The Trade War and The Road Ahead
- Innovation in China and How It’s Re-shaping Global Industries
- How China’s Markets Work – and What This Means for the Future of Your Industry”
- China’s Two Markets and How They Are Changing the World
- “Cost, Market and Technology”, Ingredients to Change Global Industries
- China’s Next Ten Years
- Overseas Acquisitions By Chinese Companies
- China’s Auto Industry
- The Development And Future Of China’s Auto Industry
- The Role Of U.S. Companies in the Development of China’s Auto Industry
- Why China Needs to Embrace New Energy Vehicles
- China: A Global Leader in New Energy Vehicles
- China’s Electric Vehicle Industry
- Why Electric Vehicles Will Disrupt The $2 Trillion Global Auto Industry
- China’s Commercial Vehicle Industry
- The Aftermarket: The Biggest Opportunity In China’s Auto Industry Today