Inga Beale Keynote Speaker
- CEO, Lloyd's of London (2013-2018)
- Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire
- Keynote Speaker on diversity and a workplace equality advocate
Dame Inga Beale is a keynote speaker and British businesswoman. Inga was the former CEO of Lloyd’s of London. A leading figure in the global insurance and reinsurance market for five years, Inga announced her departure from the role in June 2018, after overseeing numerous important cultural changes in the company.
Inga’s career began in 1982 with Prudential, where she trained as an underwriter, specialising in international treaty reinsurance. Joining General Electric in 1992 as an underwriter in their insurance division, she eventually rose to a central management position in 2001.
Remaining with GE until 2006, and undertaking senior leadership roles in Paris and Munich, Inga then moved to Swiss reinsurance firm Converium. Here she led a major turnaround of the business before it was acquired by SCOR in 2007.
In 2008, Inga joined Zurich Insurance Group as a member of their Group Management Board. The following year she was named the group’s Global Chief Underwriting Officer, before she became the Group CEO at Canopius, the prominent Lloyd’s managing agent, until 2013.
In December 2013, Inga was announced as the new CEO of Lloyd’s of London, the first woman to be promoted to this position in over three centuries of the company’s history.
Throughout her career, Inga has been a strong proponent of inclusion and equality in the workplace, which contributed to her particular success in addressing numerous problems within Lloyd’s of London regarding chauvinism.
Inga was appointed Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire (DBE) in the 2017 New Year Honours for her services to the economy.
- Creating an Inclusive Workplace: Inga talks from experience, addressing taboo topics, about building inclusive environments that enable all employees to thrive at work. She is passionate about empowering women in business, breaking through glass ceilings and discusses how firms can foster inclusive workplace environments.
- Modernising Tradition – A Journey of Cultural and Technological Change: Lloyd’s of London was founded in 1688, and needed to modernise to compete with today’s technology. Inga was hired as CEO to do this massive transformation. She shares her story of cultural and technologies changes put in place as part of this process, and gives advice for driving successful business transformation.
- Changing Risk Landscape: Society, business and governments across the world are facing enormous change and challenges, all of which present risks. As Boards grapple with the climate crisis, the rise of cyber-crime and current geo-political change, Inga uses her experience in the insurance sector to highlight the latest risk trends and how to address them.