Georgie Barrat Keynote Speaker
- The Gadget Show Presenter (2017-present)
- Technology journalist featured on Good Morning Britain, ITV Tonight, BBC Radio 2, Radio 5 Live, amongst others
- Passionate supporter of women in STEM, working with Girls in ICT, the IET and Childnet,
Georgie Barrat's Biography
Georgie Barrat is a broadcaster, presenter, technology journalist and speaker available to cover topics such as the future of tech, future consumer trends, digital transformation in businesses and managing a workforce of digital natives.
Georgie has presented The Gadget Show since 2017. Each week, over the past 4 years, she has reported the latest consumer trends, from apps to devices, and shares exciting news and reviews from the industry.
As a tech expert, she is regularly invited to report on prime time shows including Good Morning Britain, ITV Tonight, ITV Weekend. She presented the BBC and BT Sport’s coverage of the FIA formula E’s Championship, and has appeared on Radio 2’s The Jeremy Vine Show, and ‘How to spend it well at Christmas’.
She offers expert commentary on Channel 5 News, Radio 5 Live, Talk Radio and BBC Radio 2. Her written insights have featured in media publications including The Mirror, Tech City News, Marie Claire, The Guardian and The Metro.
Georgie is primarily interested in the ways in disruption and the ways in which technology is disrupting how we work and socialise. She was the host of ‘The Tech Disruption Series’, in which she interviewed innovative start-ups that are disrupting stable and traditional industries, such as health, real estate and energy.
She is passionate about supporting women working in technology and has been vocal in encouraging girls to pursue careers in STEM subjects. Georgie works with several organisations including Girls in ICT, the IET and Childnet, and is dedicated to helping making the world of technology inclusive for all.
Georgie holds the world record for the longest time spent in VR (over 26 hours), has bungee jumped whilst wearing a VR headset. She has many interests beyond the world of technology, she has run the London Marathon, and was the host of ‘Sleep Life’, a podcast dedicated to sleep, and helping its listeners unlock their sleep potential.
Georgie has been invited to speak events across the world, including Web Summit, Smart City Expo and Mobile World Congress. She brings a genuine interest and warmth, and is a highly competent presenter and host due to her background in presenting and broadcasting.
- The Tech Tourist: Journeying into the Near Future – Looking to the future, Georgie explores how tech, from Siri to video calls, will evolve and transform the way we socialise, learn and live. As a presenter of The Gadget Show, she has vast experience of testing tech and will be able to provide insights for what’s around the corner.
- Embracing Digital Transformation – Technology is set to change all areas of working life, including recruitment, on boarding, communication, working patterns and personal development. Business must adapt how they attract, engage and retain employees and this will require a fundamentally different approach – in this session, George explains how businesses can truly embrace digital transformation and social media.
- Managing and Motivating Millennials and Gen Z – What values, behaviour and ambitions do the young people of today have ? In this keynote, Georgie provides engaging and informative insights on how to meet the needs of digital natives, to allow businesses to better manage the ever-quickening pace of change.
- A Day in the Life of a Future Consumer – Georgie explores the unique needs of Gen Z consumers, how this could impact eCommerce business in the future, and provides a macroview of how technology is influencing consumer behaviour.
- Keynotes aimed at schools/STEM careers – As an expert in the field, Georgie provides her unique insight into the latest developments and exciting opportunities available in the tech industry, the fastest growing industry in the UK. She provides top tips on setting yourself up for a successful career in tech.
“Our audience loved hearing your insights; we have had wonderful feedback from our attendees who found your presentation to be fun, interesting and so insightful. Your talk certainly sparked a buzz of conversation!” – Isabel Lowe, Yext Explore 2019
“The day was a big success and undoubtedly Georgie was a highlight. Her hosting skills were superb – relaxed, informal and friendly, striking just the right tone.” – Paul Castles, SCH Conference 2019