Evy Poumpouras Keynote Speaker
- Former Special Agent of the United States Secret Service & Recipient of the United States Secret Service Valor Award for heroism on 9/11
- Author of the International Best Seller 'Becoming Bulletproof: Protect Yourself, Read People, Influence Situations, Live Fearlessly'
- Co-host of Bravo TV’s Competition Series Spy Games
Evy Poumpouras's Biography
Evy Poumpouras is a former Special Agent with the United States Secret Service, co-host of Bravo TV’s new competition series Spy Games, and author of the best selling book Becoming Bulletproof: Protect Yourself, Read People, Influence Situations, Live Fearlessly.
Evy is also a multi-media journalist who regularly appears on the Today Show, NBC, MSNBC, and GMA covering topics on national security, law enforcement, and crime. She holds a Master of Arts in Forensic Psychology and a Master of Science in Journalism from Columbia University.
As a member of the most prestigious protection force in the world, for over 12 years, Evy was on the Secret Service’s Presidential Protective Division for President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama. She has also protected presidents George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and George H.W. Bush. When not safeguarding the world’s most high value assets, Evy worked complex criminal investigations, operated undercover, and was an interrogator for the agency’s elite polygraph unit specially trained in the art of lie detection, human behavior, and cognitive influence.
Evy’s TEDx on Words: Your Most Powerful Weapon and online interviews have drawn millions of views. She is a sought after international keynote speaker having mentored top tier organizations to the likes of NASDAQ, Wells Fargo, Corcoran Group, Tyco, Skanska, Lockton, United Technologies, and SOCOM. She is also an adjunct professor for The City University of New York, where she teaches criminal justice and criminology.
Evy’s heroic efforts as a first responder during the 9/11 terror attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City bestowed her the United States Secret Service Valor Award.
Evy’s speaking engagements are captivating and powerful. Drawing upon her experience as a special agent, seasoned interrogator, and multi-media personality, Evy custom designs each presentation to fit the need of her audience ranging from one hour to a full week. Her workshops comprise mastering confidence, dealing with confrontation, enhancing communication skills, and embracing diversity.
Evy recently shared her tips for communicating effectively in the workplace in a segment with MSNBC. Watch the full interview here. She also recently gave an interview to MM Lafleur on dealing with conflict. Read it here.
Topics Include (Please see more in depth topic descriptions here):
- Negotiate Like a Pro in Business and Life
- Overcoming and Harnessing Fear
- Mental Resilience: Building Your Psychological Armor
- Managing Conflict and Confrontation
- The Art and Science of Reading People
- Words: Your Most Powerful Weapon
- Women Empowerment in the Workplace
- Enhancing Your Situational Awareness
- Influence Strategies: Getting What You Want
- The Leadership Mindset: Taking Ownership
- Women’s Leadership Mastery