Everett Stern Keynote Speaker
- CEO and Intelligence Director, Tactical Rabbit
- Former candidate for the United States Senate
- Government whistleblower who helped uncover one of the largest banking scandals of all time
Everett Stern's Biography
Everett Stern Speaker Profile:
Everett Stern is CEO and Intelligence Director of Tactical Rabbit, a private intelligence agency that provides clients with actionable business intelligence. Mr. Stern is a former candidate for the United States Senate and made international headlines as a government whistleblower who helped uncover one of the largest banking scandals of all time.
When Stern joined HSBC Bank in 2012, he was assigned to monitor Middle East transactions. Stern soon discovered that the bank was facilitating the transfer of hundreds of millions of dollars by terrorist organizations and major drug dealers, in clear violation of U.S. law. Unfortunately, Stern’s bank superiors continued to ignore his warnings. This forced Stern to share information and provide evidence about the bank’s illegal activity to the Central Intelligence Agency. “After trying in vain to convince his bosses to at least let him do his job and look for money-laundering, Stern decided to turn whistleblower, telling the FBI and other agencies what was going on at the bank,” Rolling Stone would later write. Stern quit HSBC in disgust and filed a whistleblower claim with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Ultimately, the U.S. Congress confirmed that the bank had “exposed the U.S. financial system to a wide array of money laundering, drug trafficking, and terrorist financing risks.” In late 2012, in part as a result of Stern’s efforts, HSBC agreed to pay a record $1.9 billion in fines to U.S. authorities. Stern’s passion for fighting threats to the United States did not end with his tenure at HSBC.
In recent years, Stern has run for U.S. Senate in Pennsylvania and founded Tactical Rabbit, carrying out sophisticated private intelligence operations on behalf of clients. He also founded Rabbit Capital Management, a hedge fund, which is dedicated to uncovering fraud and money laundering activity that feeds the financial needs of terrorist organizations and drug cartels. He has been featured in dozens of news articles and broadcasts, including the Rolling Stone, and appeared in a Netflix documentary, “Dirty Money,” on Wall Street and corporate greed.
Stern was born in New York City. He is a graduate of Florida Atlantic University and earned his MBA from Stetson University in 2010.
Speech Topics & Descriptions:
- Money laundering: Expertise on money laundering stemming from Stern’s discovery of HSBC’s terror financing and further self-investigation into the matter.
- Compliance: Strong feelings and actions toward ensuring financial institutions abide by their given law makes a strong speaking point, given Stern’s role at HSBC
- Fraud & ethics: Witnessing fraud taking place in the workplace and making the ethical decision to do the right thing
- Motivational speech: Overcoming obstacles after losing a job, building one’s life back up after it being completely changed, how to remain inspired
- Social good, justice: Doing what’s right for the American people, regardless of personal risks
For availability and speaker fees, please contact Everett Stern’s speaking agent at Chartwell here, or call +1 972 385 1021 for U.S. inquiries or +44 207 293 0864 for international inquiries.