Dr. Gleb Tsipursky Keynote Speaker
- Best-selling author of “Never Go With Your Gut,” “The Blindspots Between Us,” and “Returning to the Office and Leading Hybrid and Remote Teams”
- Internationally-renowned thought leader and CEO of the consulting, coaching, and training firm Disaster Avoidance Experts
- Cognitive neuroscientist and behavioral economist specializing in future-proofing, cognitive biases, decision making, and risk management
Dr. Gleb Tsipursky's Biography
Dr. Gleb Tsipursky, an internationally-renowned thought leader in future-proofing and cognitive bias risk management and speaker on leadership, future-proofing, risk-management and unconscious bias. Called the “Office Whisperer” by The New York Times, Dr. Tsipursky helps leaders use hybrid work to improve retention and productivity while cutting costs.
As CEO of boutique future-of-work consultancy Disaster Avoidance Experts, he is on a mission to protect leaders from dangerous judgment errors known as cognitive biases by developing the most effective and profitable strategies for risk management, strategic planning, disaster avoidance, and decision making.
Dr. Tsipursky’s is the bestselling author of several books and his work has been translated into Chinese, Korean, German, Russian, Polish, among other languages. He is well-known for his best-seller ‘ (2019), which was the first book to explore cognitive bias in leadership and how to effectively overcome them.
His latest book, ‘Returning to the Office and Leading Hybrid and Remote Teams: A Manual on Benchmarking to Best Practices for Competitive Advantage’ (2021), explores how to return to the office effectively and the permanent post-pandemic work arrangements to follow. Other books include ‘ (2020) and ‘ (2020).
Dr. Tsipursky’s cutting-edge insights are highly in-demand and featured in over 550 articles, and he has given over 450 interviews to media outlets including Harvard Business Review, Fortune, USA Today, CBS News, Fast Company, Business Insider, Government Executive, The Chronicle of Philanthropy and many others.
Dr. Tsipursky’s expertise comes from over 20 years of consulting, coaching, speaking, and training for mid-size and large businesses and nonprofits as the CEO of . He has worked with , from mid-size to large companies and nonprofits, spanning North America, Europe, and Australia. His clients include Aflac, Honda, Wells Fargo, Fifth Third Bank, The Society for Human Resource Management, the World Wildlife Fund, and Xerox.
Dr. Tsipursky’s research is in behavioral economics and cognitive neuroscience of future-proofing, strategic decision making and planning, and cognitive bias risk management strategy in business and other contexts. He spent over 15 years working in academia, including 7 years as a professor at the Ohio State University, and as a Fellow at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill prior to that. He published dozens of peer-reviewed articles in academic journals such as and .
He serves on the Advisory Board of Canonical Debate Lab and Planet Purpose and is on the Editorial Board of the peer-reviewed journal Behaviour and Social Issues. He was Chair of the Board of Directors of Intentional Insights, an educational non-profit advocating for research-based decision-making in all areas of life, for 4 years. He co-founded the civic project promoting truthfulness and integrity for individual professionals and leaders Pro-Truth Pledge.
A highly in-demand international speaker, Dr. Tsipursky has over two decades of professional speaking experience across North America, Europe, and Australia. He gets top marks from audiences for his highly facilitative, interactive, and humor-filled speaking style and the way he thoroughly customizes speeches for diverse audiences. Meeting planners describe Dr. Tsipursky as “very relatable,” as “a snap to work with,” and as someone who “does everything that you would want a speaker to do.” Drawing on best practices in adult learning, his programs address the wide spectrum of diverse learning styles, as attested by enthusiastic client testimonials and references. He regularly shares the stage with prominent leaders, for example recently speaking on a roundtable panel with the President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen, Secretary General of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies Elhadj As Sy, Chancellor of Austria Brigitte Bierlein, CEO of Penguin Random House Markus Dohle, and billionaire philanthropist and Chair of the Bertelsmann Management Company Liz Mohn.
Dr. Tsipursky earned his PhD in the History of Behavioral Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2011, his M.A. at Harvard University in 2004, and his B.A. at New York University in 2002. He lives in and travels from Columbus, OH. In his free time, he enjoys gardening, tennis, and most importantly, he spends lots of quality time with his wife to avoid relationship disasters.
Dr. Gleb Tsipursky's Speaking Topics
• Using Hybrid Work to Improve Retention and Productivity While Cutting Costs
• How to Use Generative AI to Seize the Future
• Defeating the Four Horsemen of the Mandated Return to Office: Resistance, Attrition, Quiet Quitting, and DEI
• Become a Hybrid Work Leader Via Behavioral Science
• How to Solve the Problem of Innovation in Hybrid and Remote Work via Behavioral Science
• How to Defeat Work-From-Home Burnout and Zoom Fatigue Using Behavioral Science
• How Effective Leaders Make the Most Profitable Decisions via Behavioral Science
• How Outstanding Leaders Avoid Decisions Leading to People Disasters via Behavioral Science
• Busting Generational Myths to Excel at Engaging Young Employees
• Defeating Unconscious Bias Via the Behavioral Science of Emotional and Social Intelligence
• No Shame, No Guilt: Addressing Discomfort With Diversity and Inclusion Using Behavioral Science