Director of the Vote Leave Campaign in the lead up to the UK’s EU membership referendum of 2016
Former Political Advisor, Strategist
Former special adviser to Michael Gove
Dominic Cummings is a former Political Advisor, Strategist and Campaign Director with a catalogue of high profile and highly successful campaign wins under his belt. He is perhaps most well known in recent years for his role as the Director of the Vote Leave Campaign in the lead up to the UK’s EU membership referendum of 2016.
Dominic worked in Moscow and Samara for a few years before returning to the UK and becoming Campaign Director of Business for Sterling – the campaign to stop Britain joining the Euro between 1999-2002.
He also co-founded the campaign that won the referendum on the North East Regional Assembly 80-20 in 2004. Dominic then worked with Michael Gove on school reform prior to the Conservative-led Coalition Government and then in the Department for Education between 2010-14, which led to changes in every major aspect of English schools.
In 2015 he co-founded and was the Campaign Director of Vote Leave, the official Leave campaign that won the 2016 referendum. He was praised as one of the masterminds of the campaign and was named as one of “Debrett’s 500 2016” people of influence.
Dominic was portrayed by the actor, Benedict Cumberbatch, in the 2019 Channel 4 Drama “Brexit: The Uncivil War”. He writes about politics, government, education and what distinguishes high performance organisations.
Speaking Topics include:
– How and why Vote Leave won the referendum, and what might happen next.
– Why politics and government are so low-performing and what to do about it
– Current dynamics and possible scenarios in British politics
– Schools and education policy: what do we know about what works and why is it so hard to use this knowledge
– The unrecognised simplicity of effective action — what distinguishes very high performance organisations
We’re here to help.
If you can’t find the right speaker you need, or would like speaker ideas tailored to your event,
talk to us on the details below.