Denise Lee Yohn Keynote Speaker
- Expert on Brand Leadership, Culture and Employee Engagement
- Business Keynote Speaker
- Bestselling Author, What Great Brands Do: The Seven Brand-Building Principles that Separate the Best from the Rest
Denise Lee Yohn's Biography
Denise Lee Yohn is the go-to expert on brand leadership for national media outlets, an in-demand keynote speaker and consultant, and an influential writer.
Denise is the author of the bestselling book What Great Brands Do: The Seven Brand-Building Principles that Separate the Best from the Rest (Jossey-Bass), the e-book Extraordinary Experiences: What Great Retail and Restaurant Brands Do, and the new book FUSION: How Integrating Brand and Culture Powers the World’s Greatest Companies (Nicholas Brealey/Hachette Books).
News media including CNBC, FOX Business TV, The Wall Street Journal, and NPR call on Denise when they want an expert point-of-view on hot business issues. Denise is widely considered a leading expert in branding, culture and employee engagement.
With her expertise and inspiring approach, Denise has become an in-demand keynote speaker. She has addressed business leaders around the world at corporate events such as Facebook, NFL, and Lexus, and conferences including International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), The Art of Marketing, and Sustainable Brands.
Denise enjoys challenging readers to think differently about brand-building in her regular contributions to Harvard Business Review and Forbes, and has been a sought-after writer for publications including Fast Company, Entrepreneur, Knowledge@Wharton, Seeking Alpha, QSR Magazine, among others.
Denise initially cultivated her brand-building approaches through several high-level positions in advertising and client-side marketing. She served as lead strategist at advertising agencies for Burger King and Land Rover and as the marketing leader and analyst for Jack in the Box restaurants and Spiegel catalogs. Denise went on to head Sony Electronic Inc.’s first ever brand office, where she was the vice president/general manager of brand and strategy and garnered major corporate awards. Consulting clients have included Target, Oakley, Dunkin’ Donuts, and other leading companies.
Outside her professional roles, Denise counts hiking Mount Kilimanjaro, dancing with a professional ballet company, and flying a helicopter as some of her greatest life experiences.
Past Speaking Engagements:
TEDx Cornell, University , Consumer Electronics Show Catalyst , Lexus , National Restaurant Show , NFL , Facebook The Conference Board and many others.
Recently Featured In:
New York Times , CNBC, Wall Street Journal , NPR , USA Today , Harvard Business Review , Advertising Age , QSR Magazine , FOX Business TV and other outlets.
- Ready and Resilient: Leadership for Now & Next – COVID-19 has been the latest, but not the only challenge you face…and more change is certain to continue with the economic recession, continuous disruption, and increased competition. Denise Lee Yohn shows how to lead your organization to thrive in uncertainty and perform under pressure.
- Employee Experience Disrupted – Employee experience has been disrupted and a new work reality is emerging. Denise Lee Yohn shows how to ensure your workforce is engaged and productive.
- Lead Your Field: Establish Competitive Advantage – Current marketconditions are separating the winners from the losers – how do you ensure your company emerges stronger than ever? Denise Lee Yohn shows how great brands establish competitive advantage, drawing from case studies, analyses, and interviews with business leaders from the world’s leading brands.
- Brand Leadership: How to Build a Rock Star Brand – Great brands dominate their fields. Drawing from case studies, analyses, and interviews with brand leaders from the world’s leading brands, Denise explores what great brands do and how to achieve this for your business.
- Extraordinary Experiences: How to Win Customers’ Hearts and Dollars – Earning customer love and loyalty can help your business to break through the clutter and stand out against bigger, better-resourced competitors. Denise explains how to get the edge that everyone else wants and excel at customer experience.
- IGNITE EXPERIENCE: Fuse Customer Experience and Employee Experience to Drive Your Growth – Customer experience is the new competitive battlefield where customer loyalty is won or lost. Denise shows you how to align and integrate your employee and customer experiences—and unleash their combined power to fuel your growth.