Clive Woodward Keynote Speaker
- England’s 2003 Rugby World Cup Winning Head Coach
- Director of Sport Team GB: London 2012, Vancouver 2010, Beijing 2008
- Renowned Business Speaker and Executive Coach
Clive Woodward's Biography
Sir Clive Woodward is the World Cup winning Head Coach who led England’s rugby players to World Cup glory in Australia in 2003. A former England International and British & Irish Lion himself, during Clive’s tenure as Head Coach England moved from 6th in the world to being the number one ranked team, winning every trophy an England team can win.
In 2006 Clive joined the British Olympic Association. As Team GB’s Director of Sport he worked in close partnership with key stakeholders in British Sport to support the national coaches and athletes at the Beijing & Vancouver Olympics as well as deliver Team GB’s most successful Olympic Games in the modern era at London 2012.
Currently, Clive is the Founding Partner and Chairman of Hive Learning –a digital workspace that helps leading organisations and coaching professionals maximise the impact of their investments in training and development.
Clive is also the Director of Sport for APEX 2100, which aims to become a world leading high altitude performance centre at 2100m in Tignes, France. The facility will also incorporate a residential academic school providing a first class education for talented young British Athletes. APEX 2100 will offer the best snow-sports training facilities aligned with the world’s best coaching and support functions, drawing upon Clive’s unique experience as Director of Sport for Team GB.
- DNA of a Champion: Talent Alone is Not Enough – In this session, Clive shares the four criteria he identifies as the key characteristics of a champion individual or team, in both business and sport. Based on the notion that “great teams are made of great individuals”, Clive explains how coaches can achieve high performing teams.
- Winning Culture: How Do You Want to be Remembered – This talk encapsulates the collaborative leadership model that Clive successfully applied to the World Cup winning England rugby team and Team GB at London 2012. Leaders must focus on “creating an environment so good that everyone wants to be a part of and nobody ever wants to leave”.
- Relentless Learning: I Never Lose I Either Win or Learn – The ability to learn and take on new skills is a key characteristic of any Champion individual. Sharing stories from his experiences of working with champion teams and individuals in sport and business, Clive explains the importance of learning and collaboration in high performance and how to coach individuals to learn better together.
- Tackling Change: 100 Things 1% Better – Clive’s innovative leadership style is driven by his determined approach to challenge the traditional school of thought, which is all the more important in today’s ever changing corporate world. In this talk, Clive highlights the importance of embracing change and illustrates how creating a culture of relentless learning can help teams and organisations to adapt and succeed.
- The Power of Data and Technology: Whoever Wins in it Tends to Win – Data and technology can be powerful tools, in both sport and business. But only with the correct knowledge and understanding of their importance and how to use them. In this talk, Clive explains how he uses data and technology with his teams and the impact it can have on individual and team performance.