Andrew McMillan Keynote Speaker
- Specialist in employee engagement, leadership and customer experience
- Manager, Customer Service, John Lewis Department Stores (2000-08)
- Principal, Engaging Service (2012-present)
Andrew McMillan's Biography
Andrew McMillan is Principal and Founder of Engaging Service, a consultancy firm specialising in employee and customer experience, and prior to that was Manager of Customer Service at the John Lewis Partnership (2000-8), where he played a key role in developing the brand’s customer-focussed culture and attitude. He is a popular keynote speaker, who covers topics including business, leadership, employee engagement and customer experience.
Andrew began his career as a management trainee at John Lewis Partnership (JLP). He quickly progressed through the management ranks and established himself as Manager of Customer Service in the Department Stores Division. Andrew played a critical role in developing JLP’s market-leading, customer-driven culture and attitude, that has now become synonymous with the brand. This culture was successfully applied and embraced by the 30,000 customer-facing Partners working in the company’s 26 stores across the UK. Andrew spent 28 years working for the partnership and during this time helped the company to win reputable retail awards from Which?, Verdict and Retail Week.
He is an expert in fostering positive organisational cultures, built around trust and loyalty, and is passionate about helping individuals and organisations feel fulfilled, happier and generating a shared sense of purpose. Andrew believes that this is the ultimate key to a successful and profitable business and should be applied right the way through from employees to customers. He has advised many organisations on customer experience strategy and is known globally as an expert in the field.
Andrew is a popular speaker and has delivered talks at conferences across the globe. He always tailors his content to the needs of the client and takes a collaborative approach, to ensure that he meets the needs of the event. In addition to sharing stories from his career and examples of his own experiences, he can also provide practical solutions in his presentations, for attendees to implement in their daily practices.
- Consistently delivering differentiated customer experience to define the brand
- Leadership and change in a behaviour driven organisation
- Authentic marketing
- Defining and shaping organisational culture through storytelling
- Fun at work to enhance commercial success and productivity
- Selling though service and relationships
- Managing complaints to enhance reputation
- The challenges and future of retail