Peter Diamandis, co-founder of Singularity University, shares his top tech picks for 2015
Peter Diamandis, the co-founder and executive chairman of Singularity University and the X PRIZE Foundation, has singled out 11 of the most exciting new technologies moving from deceptive to disruptive this year. Here are his top tech picks for 2015:
- Virtual Reality: Expect a lot more action on the virtual and augmented reality front. Watch out for game changers like Magic Leap (in which Google just invested over $500 million.
- Mass-market robots: 2015 is going to see the introduction of consumer-friendly robots in a store near you.
- Autonomous vehicles: Beyond Google, many major car brands are working on autonomous solutions.
- Drones everywhere: They’re getting cheaper, easier to use, more automated, and are now finding more useful and lucrative applications.
- Wireless power: Companies like uBeam, Ossia and others are developing solutions to charge your phones, laptops, wearables, etc. wirelessly as you go about your business.
- Data & machine learning: There is gold in your data. This year will see data collection and mining that data becoming more turn-key.
- Large-scale genome sequencing and data mining: In 2015, we will see explosive, exponential growth in genomics and longevity research.
- Sensor explosion: The combination of sensors and wearables, increased connectivity, new manufacturing methods (like 3D printing), and improved data mining capabilities will create a smart, connected world.
- Voice-control and “language-independent” interaction: The Star Trek universal translator is just around the corner!
- 3D Printing: The number of applications is increasing, and printers, scanners, and CAD modelling software will become more accessible, cheaper, and easier to use.
- Bitcoin: Emerging smartphone markets in developing countries, better “interfaces”, and more commercial adopters who accept bitcoin as a form of payment will all play a role in a brighter bitcoin future.
Click here for the full article.
For more information on how to book Peter as a keynote speaker for your conference or client event, please get in touch with Leo von Bülow-Quirk at email@example.com or call on +44 (0) 20 7792 8000.