Danny Dorling thirdbanner
X

Please provide your details and we'll get in touch within 24 hours

  • Check Speaker Availability

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Danny Dorling speaker

Danny Dorling

Oxford, UK
Check Speaker Availability

Leading social geographer and expert on inequality

Halford Mackinder Professor of Geography, University of Oxford

Recipient of the Back Award of the Royal Geographical Society (2009)

Professor Danny Dorling explores and maps the changing social, political and medical geographies of Britain and further afield, concentrating on social and spatial inequalities to life chances and how these may be narrowed.

Danny is currently the Halford Mackinder Professor of Geography at the School of  Geography and the Environment, University of Oxford. In 2006, he started working with a group of researchers on a project to remap the world, leading to the creation of www.worldmapper.org, a collection of world maps where territories are re-sized on each map according to the subject of interest.

Much of Danny’s work is available open access. He has published with others more than 25 books on issues related to social inequalities and several hundred journal papers. His work concerns issues of housing, health, employment, education and poverty. His recent books include, “Inequality and the 1%” (2014), “All that is Solid: The Great Housing Disaster” (2014), and “Population 10 Billions” (2013), an in depth examination of the impact that a global population of 10 billion will have on the planet and how we will have to adapt to cope with it.

He is an Academician of the Academy of the Learned Societies in the Social Sciences, Honorary President of the Society of Cartographers and a patron of Roadpeace, the national charity for road crash victims. In 2009 Danny was presented with the Back Award of the Royal Geographical Society for his work on national and international public policy.

Book Danny Dorling as a keynote speaker, send us a quick email.

Our Comment

"Increasingly staking a claim as the UK’s pre-eminent public geographer and foremost thinker on social inequality, Danny has crunched his way through reams of raw data to build up an extraordinary picture of poverty and wealth in contemporary Britain, and the wider world. His latest research into how the lives and ideas of the 1% impact the remaining 99% reveals that inequality is about much more than just economics."

get in touch

We’re here to help.

If you can’t find the right speaker you need, or would like speaker ideas tailored to your event,

talk to us on the details below.

For UK, Europe and general enquiries, please contact

Rob Higgins

+44 207 293 0864

For US enquiries,

please contact

Ellis Trevor

+1 516 6581608

For Middle East, Asia & international enquiries

please contact

Raleigh Addington

+852 5819 2227